The weekend is approaching and in my house that means PANCAKES (well… more for my husband because I eat pancakes almost everyday -.-). This is one of my favorite pancakes recipe, which includes 2 of the 5 ingredients I talked about in my Give me Five! post.
- 1 1/2 cups of whole rolled oats
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (you could use cottage cheese as well)
- 1 medium apple (can also replace with 1 banana)
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Cinnamon to taste
- Put everything in the blender and blend until it becomes an uniformed mixture. Let it rest for at least 5 minutes.
- Heat griddle/nonstick skillet to medium temperature and spray with cooking spray.
- For each pancake use about 1/4 cup of the batter.
- Once you see bubbles, flip, and cook until golden brown.
This makes about 8 pancakes, which is 2 servings!
I use walnuts and fruit as my toppings. You could also use any nut butter or my husband’s guilty pleasure… nutella -.-